3 reasons I love barre classes at Barre Evolution (plus a discount code!)
Disclosure: I'm an ambassador for Barre Evolution and receive a discount on classes for the duration of my ambassadorship. All opinions here are my own and they did not ask me to write this post.
UPDATE: The discount code expired and is no longer valid.
It's a new year and I know some of you out there have new fitness goals. I highly recommend getting barre classes into your rotation.
Since I've been going to barre regularly, I've noticed a big difference in my overall strength, even through illness. I can't wait to see how I feel after my Vitamin D and iron supplements really start kicking in. It also helps keep injury at bay by getting in some flexibility and strength work.
I love barre classes in general, but of all the classes and studios I've been to, Barre Evolution is one of my favorites. I try to get to at least 3 classes a week (although my schedule sometimes gets a little crazy and I miss them).
Here are 3 reasons why I love Barre Evolution:
1) The class variety - In addition to changing up the barre moves so your muscles don't adapt and get lazy, there's a variety of class types, including:
- Barre Cardio (this is no joke, you guys - you will be super sweaty when you're done)
- Express & Restore, which is a 45 minute barre class followed by 15 minutes of deep stretching
- Off the Barre (all mat work with a pilates emphasis)
- Express (a 45 minute class)
- And of course, regular Open Barre classes.
I also heard a rumor that they are working on some new classes for 2017, including a yoga fusion class (yessss).
2) The instructors - You can't go wrong with the instructors here. They're all friendly, knowledgeable, upbeat and helpful. And they genuinely care about their students. I always look forward to coming in and chatting with the instructors before classes.
3) Fun events - In addition to in-studio events like Sip 'n Shops or private classes and shopping parties (complete with wine and snacks after class!), Barre Evolution takes their barre classes outside the studio and does things like Barre on Boat (yes, it's exactly like it sounds - barre class on a yacht) and Barre & Brew at a local brewery.
My favorite studio is the North Mount Pleasant location in the Oakland Market, but there are two other studios that make it really easy for most people in the greater Charleston area to access. One is in Mount Pleasant, near the bridge and the other is in West Ashley. And for you Greenville, SC peeps, there's a studio there, too.
And now for the discount:
If you're local or visiting the Charleston area, you can use the code ChristineE to get your first class free. Go to their website to sign up online and select the intro class option.
Mount Pleasant - Shops of Mt Pleasant, 320 W, Coleman Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
North Mount Pleasant - 1133 Oakland Market Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29466
West Ashley - 70 Folly Rd Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407
Greenville - 400 E McBeen Ave #103, Greenville, SC 29601